Sometime this spring I wanted to try out working with different shapes of EPP templates. I like hexies very much but this is something new.
I printed the templates first, then glued to the pages of an old big wall calendar and cut the pieces out.
Oh, yes, I’ve just realized that I am using the same fabrics again…. soon I’ll show you a place mat and a coaster in entirely different colors.
I had a strong conception on the pattern and fabrics I would use.
Although the result so far isn’t exactly that, what I imagined. I need more cheering bright colored ‘starflowers’.
Meanwhile my kids were designing some ‘scrappy trip’ quilt blocks.
Ta-dah! The finished quilt:
The lights weren’t the best for photographing the quilt. Short after the photos were taken the rain fell down.
I really love how this quilt turned out.
The scrappy back.
My favorite is this piece of ‘school theme’ fabric.
I plan to make another quilt with hand prints of our family members, children, grandparents, etc. It would be a lovely memory quilt.
Summer is over, kids are back in school, the pantry shelves are full with jars of marmalade, jam, pickled vegetables, the chest freezer half full with frozen veggies and fruits, mostly harvested in our allotment. During the summer we worked a lot in and around our homestead and as a reward we made a family road trip to Germany and had fun with the kids.
Now back to sewing and quilting. Owing to the above mentioned reasons I had very little time for practicing my passion. When I had time I did some hand piecing or knitting in the evenings.
But now I show you some progress photos of the hand print quilt I made this spring and the recipient will have been using for months by now.
First I visited an art lesson in the school where I took all the children’s hand prints.
Then tried several layouts out until I found this appealing to me the best.
On the back I placed the name register, a quote, and an acknowledge, a short ‘thank you’ text in Hungarian for personalizing the quilt. Since she teaches literature and grammar too, I added some ‘spice’ by using a pink fabric marker ‘correcting the mistakes’ in the text.
Next time I show you the finished quilt.
I finally finished this mini quilt.
The sewing related buttons are from my friend, the pieces are scraps from the teacher’s quilt (hand print quilt) I also finished some weeks before.
I fortunately have found some blank space on one of the walls in the house and fixed it as a small wall-hanging next to the entrance door.
I can look at it every time I pass by or even when I sit on the dining table.
I am very pleased with how it has turned out.
The doll stroller cover of Little One had poor quality and came unstitched. One day I surprised her with a new cover.
The old one I totally unpicked and used as a pattern for the new cover.
I like this one better and it is more durable of course.
On Wednesday Laura, our pony arrived. She is a very mild-mannered, children-friendly 6-year-old mare. She is still familiarizing herself with her new place and with us.
These photos were taken right after her arrival.
Since then we made the ground of her box comfortable with straw.
Her stable box is next to the Shropshire sheep’s, so she is not alone. We noticed that she started making contacts with the sheep.
They are so lovely.
I made this pillow two months ago when the twins had been invited to a classmate’s birthday party.
Selecting fabrics first from my scrap box.
Figuring out how to make an authentic soccer ball pattern.
The boy loves playing football/soccer.
Inserting some movement into the pillow top.
Seems like the ball is rolling.
The finished pillow.